Our 3rd nutrient mineral (in alphabetical
order). Chromium is a trace mineral (ie.
Our bodies require only a small amount of
this mineral). Chemical symbol, ‘Cr’.
Called the ‘Sugar Regulator’
due to its successful use for the treatment
and control of diabetes.
- Protects against heart disease.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Aids in the production of insulin.
- Treats and prevents diabetes.
- Aids in metabolism.
- Controls blood cholesterol levels.
- Stimulates the synthesis of proteins.
- Increases resistance to infection.
- Helps in the treatment of hypoglycemia.
- May cause diabetes.
- Muscle weakness.
- Nervous problems.
- May cause some heart disease.
- Associated with elevated blood cholesterol,
blood sugar and triglycerides (fat) levels.
- Depressed growth rate.
Liver. Meat. Shellfish. Mushrooms. Whole
grains. Yeast. Black pepper. Thyme (herb).
US RDA: 50mcg (microgram)
EU RDA: 50mcg (microgram)
Supplementation up to 200mcg per day is
Take as part of a good multivitamin and
Always consult a professional medical practitioner
when taking any supplements.
Sugar (the metabolism of sugar requires
Less than 10% of chromium taken by the body
is absorbed. Normally very little chance